This meal plan is part of my 31 days of Dairy Free Dinners. You can find the entire list of ideas here.
This is my version of Chipotle wraps. Southwest flavored chicken, cilantro lime rice, corn, tomato, and spinach (or lettuce).
I like to cook up a big batch of chicken all at once and use it in small portions for various recipes. Its easiest to season the chicken by mixing all the spices together first then mix into the chicken.
My boys both have trouble eating warps if I leave either end open. This is my kid friendly way of wrapping burrito style. Place the filling in a line in the tortilla. Fold over the short sides, then bring up the long side. Use your fingers to tuck in all the filling and keep rolling. This tucks in both ends, keeping the chicken and rice from falling out.
- 1 ½ cups white rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp dry or 1 tbsp fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 4 cups cooked chicken (about 3 breasts)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 cups frozen corn
- Spinach or lettuce
- Tomato, chopped
- Add rice and water to a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Add cilantro and lime juice, mix well.
- While rice is cooking, defrost corn.
- In a small bowl combine chili powder, cumin, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and pepper. Mix then combine with cooked chicken.
- To make wraps, layer spinach, rice, tomato, corn and chicken in a tortilla.