I’ve been experimenting with recipes to create healthy and portable snacks, especially things Doodad can eat. The boys helped me create these pumpkin pie inspired cookies and they are a definite winner in our house! I just might serve these instead of pie for Thanksgiving.
We usually make these cookies with just almonds, but you can use just about any nut mix you want. Be sure to let the cookies brown to allow the nuts to get a roasted flavor. Enjoy!
- 3 cups nuts (almond, walnut, peacan or mix)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place nuts in a food processor and process until you have small, uniform nut chips.
- Add all remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Place dough on baking sheet or stoneware in rounded tablespoons.
- Using a fork, smush cookies with a cross pattern. Dip fork in water to keep it from sticking.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes until cookies just begin to brown.