This meal plan is part of my 31 days of Dairy Free Dinners. You can find the entire list of ideas here.
Yesterday I shared my homemade hummus recipe. Today is the compliment Greek Style Tomato and Cucumber Salad recipe that I usually make and serve with the hummus. Jared likes to eat hummus on crackers, Bebop likes burrito style wraps, and I prefer greek style pizza. Magoo loves to make a mess and always manages to get hummus everywhere regardless of how its served.
I will often serve this with feta style sheep cheese or chevre style goat cheese. We are lucky that the boys’ allergies allow us to eat both sheep and goat cheese without any reaction. If avoiding dairy isn’t an issue for you, cow milk feta style cheese also adds a great flavor and is much easier to find in the store.
- 2 cucumbers
- 4 small or 2 large tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dry basil or 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup kalamata olives
- Peal cucumbers and remove seeds. Chop into half inch sections.
- Chop tomatoes into half inch sections.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Salad is best if made ahead of time and allowed to chill for at least an hour.
For greek wraps, place hummus, vegetables and cheese in a tortilla and wrap up.
For greek pizza, I use my homemade pizza dough recipe baked without any toppings. I add hummus, vegetables and cheese before serving.